How to use Mosi-guard Natural®
All the information you need to help you get the most out of your Mosi-guard Natural® insect repellent.
- How long does Mosi-guard® last as an effective insect repellent?
- How often should I reapply Mosi-guard?
- Should I reapply Mosi-guard after swimming?
- Can I apply Mosi-guard with a sunscreen?
- Can I use Mosi-guard on my face?
- What should I do if Mosi-guard gets in my eyes?
- Once opened, how long does Mosi-guard last?
1. How long does Mosi-guard Natural® last as an effective insect repellent?
A study conducted at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine showed that Mosi-guard Natural® is effective for 11 hours against free-flying Mosquitoes when applied at normal consumer rates. In trials of this nature the subjects are inactive. Repellents may wear off more quickly if you are active or perspiring and should be reapplied more frequently.
2. How often should I reapply Mosi-guard Natural®?
Like other insect repellents, the performance of Mosi-guard Natural® will vary depending on your activity levels and perspiration. Reapply Mosi-guard Natural® every 6 to 8 hours if you are using the Spray, Stick or Roll-on. The Mosi-guard Natural® Spray Extra lasts for 10+ hours.
3. Should I reapply Mosi-guard Natural® after swimming?
Yes. Although the active ingredient is not water soluble we have not done efficacy testing to establish how much of the product washes off when swimming. Therefore, we advise that you reapply Mosi-guard Natural® after swimming.
4. Can I apply Mosi-guard Natural® with a sunscreen?
Yes, but you should apply Mosi-guard Natural® on top of the sunscreen. Remember that most Mosquitoes bite between dusk and dawn when you are unlikely to be wearing sunscreen. However, the Aedes mosquito which spreads Dengue Fever bites in the day so we recommend you apply Mosi-guard Natural® over your sunscreen in this instance.
5. Can I use Mosi-guard Natural® on my face?
Despite the ‘irritating to the eyes’ warning, you can use Mosi-guard Natural® on your face. When applying to the face it is best to apply to your hands first and then rub on your cheeks, nose and forehead, avoiding contact with the eyes. We suggest you shut your mouth and eyes when applying Mosi-guard Natural®.
6. What should I do if Mosi-guard Natural® gets in my eyes?
If you accidentally get Mosi-guard Natural® in your eyes it will sting. But the eye irritation is temporary and fully reversible. Wash your hands and face with water and the irritation will pass, similar to how the sting from an onion feels and quickly passes.
7. Once opened, how long does Mosi-guard Natural® last?
The Mosi-guard Natural® shelf life of 5+ years refers to a sealed product. Once the product is opened we cannot make guarantees regarding quality. But we know from our own personal use that Mosi-guard Natural® does not go off quickly. In fact, we have never experienced a Mosi-guard product “go bad”.